support operator

Frequently Asked Questions For A Personal Injury Lawyer

Below you will find questions our personal injury lawyer is frequently asked. Do you have questions about your case? Wondering what steps you should take next? The Mason Law Firm is here to provide answers. At The Mason Law Firm, we understand that you might have a lot of questions after an injury.

We’re here to help you, your friends or family members navigate through the legal system, no matter your personal injury case. We will aggressively represent you to ensure each one of our clients is getting the care they need while going through a personal injury claim. The Mason Law Firm exists to help you deal with the headaches and to provide you with the correct information you need to navigate through your claim. You can rest assured that you are in good hands, Mason Rashtian will work tirelessly to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.

Can I make a claim at any time after an accident?

No. Statutes of limitations set a maximum time after an event that legal proceedings (based on that event) may be brought against the negligent party or company. Contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible for your potential claim, contact The Mason Law Firm at 661-270-5677.

Will I have to go to court?

The Mason Law Firm aggressively represents clients and fights for maximum recovery. While in some cases compensation may be achieved with a settlement offer, that may not be attainable for all cases. The focus of our firm requires that our attorneys are ready and willing to regularly try our clients’ cases.

How does The Mason Law Firm get paid?

The Mason Law Firm handles personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis. If you do not receive any compensation, then you do not pay any fees or costs. If there is recovery, the legal fee is a percentage of the amount recovered, and there are no fees due until money is collected for you.

Should you give a recorded statement to the insurance company?

Many times, the opposing insurance company (one representing the other party) will ask to take your recorded statement following an accident. Sometimes, your own insurance may ask for a recorded statement. Should you? No. Remember that the insurance company is NOT on your side. So, the adjuster is not taking your statement for your benefit, but rather for the insurance company’s benefit. Everything that you say in your statement will be taken apart by the adjuster, who will then try to use your words against you. If you are asked to give a statement, you should consider speaking with a personal injury attorney first. A personal injury or an accident attorney can guide you on this issue and protect your rights. Keep in mind that you have the RIGHT to refuse giving a statement.

Should you sign documents sent to you by an insurance company?

Following any accident, insurance companies (both the opposing insurance company and one representing you) typically mail authorization forms for you to sign. These authorizations give the insurance company a blank check to get your medical records as well as any sensitive personal information that may be included in those records. So, as a general rule, you should NOT sign any authorization given to you by any insurance company before speaking with a personal injury attorney. A personal injury or an accident attorney can guide you on this issue and protect your rights.

Should you report the accident?

Yes. 1. Law enforcement: Depending on the location of the accident, you may need to report the accident to the Sheriff or LAPD (if the accident occurred on surface street) or the CHP (if the accident occurred on the freeway). 2. Insurance company: Regardless of fault, you should report the accident to your insurance company. 3. DMV: The accident must also be reported to the DMV. The report needs to be prepared on an SR-1 Form obtained from the DMV, CHP or your insurance company, and the accident must be reported within 10 days if:

  • The property damage to either car is more than $750
  • Anyone claims to be injured in the accident

Why is it important to seek advice promptly?

The insurance company of the negligent party often has an advantage over the injury victim and is able to start their investigation right away. Contacting a personal injury attorney as soon as possible will help start the process of evaluating your potential claim. It will also help ensure that all relevant evidence is preserved, and that important deadlines and statutes of limitations are met.

Contact Us Free Of Charge

At The Mason Law Firm, we will meet with you to discuss your potential claim free of charge. We know the small list above is not comprehensive, so if you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 661-270-5677 or send us an email.