Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences a person can endure.
A wrongful death claim derives from any incident where a loved one dies because someone else acted negligently or carelessly. In such a case, the surviving family members have the right to bring an action against the person or business responsible for causing the death.
Furthermore, a wrongful death action can derive from any personal injury incident, including animal attacks (such as dog bites), medical practice and product liability (defective products). In addition, the majority of wrongful death cases come from motor vehicle accidents. Ponder the following statistics, which were gathered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for 2010:
- Car accidents: 33,885 reported fatalities across the United States, with 3,651 driver fatalities occurring in California
- Large truck accidents: 235 reported fatalities in California
- Utility truck accidents: 301 reported fatalities in California
- Pickup truck accidents: 257 reported fatalities in California
- Bus accidents: four reported fatalities in California
- Motorcycle accidents: 352 reported fatalities in California
- Alcohol-impaired accidents: 791 reported fatalities in California
- Pedestrian accidents: 599 reported fatalities in California
- Bicyclist accidents: 99 reported fatalities in California
It is always heartbreaking when a loved one passes, especially because of someone else’s negligent or careless conduct. Nothing can ever make up for that loss. Therefore, if such an unfortunate event should occur and if family members wish to pursue a wrongful death case against the responsible party or parties, we will stand by their side.
A Reputable Attorney Known For Litigation
At The Mason Law Firm, founder Mason Rashtian has been an attorney since 1997. Between 1997 and 2006, he was an insurance (civil) defense attorney. In that capacity, he was hired to defend parties sued in personal injury actions, including wrongful death cases.
Throughout his years as a litigator, he has litigated many cases involving fatalities resulting from car accidents, truck accidents and rollovers. Once, he litigated a case where the decedent got buried under a mountain of dirt in his own backyard. These cases are emotionally difficult, and liability is often disputed.
In 2006, attorney Rashtian opened his own practice and now represent victims in personal injury cases, including family members who wish to pursue wrongful death actions. We provide a free consultation to family members and provide them with an honest and complete assessment and educate them as to their options.
There is never a fee unless there is a recovery in the case.
Contact Us For Help
We offer a free consultation if a loved one has died in a wrongful death accident and wish to speak to a lawyer about your rights, please give us a call at 661-476-5678 or contact us online.